Home page of the Archives of the Crown of Aragon
- Documents for the history of EuropeNew Plan of the Royal Audience of the Principality of Catalonia (Madrid, 16 January 1716)
- New tourist and cultural tour in the Palace of the ViceroysAs part of the commitments by the award of the European Heritage Label the Archives of the Crown of Aragon marks the milestones of its historic headquarters by the installation of boards with QR codes
- 20th Congress on the History of the Crown of AragonThe Permanent Committee of the Congresses of History of the Crown of Aragon, the Istituto Storico Italiano per il Medio Evo and the Università Federico II di Napoli published the II Notice of convocation and the registration form.
- Exhibition "Drawing the Crown of Aragon. History and fiction"From Thursday November 17 Viceroys' Palace offers a tour through graphic novel and comic relating to the Medieval history of the Crown of Aragon.
- Tercentenary of Charles IIIThe Archives of the Crown of Aragon hosts a lectures' series on the 300th anniversary of king Charles III's birth (1716-2016)
- Documents for the history of EuropeLicense to print the Novelas Ejemplares by Cervantes (1613)
- Exhibition "Tarradellas president"The Centro Libre. Arte y Cultura commemorates the 39th anniversary of the return of Josep Tarradellas from exile with an exhibition at the Viceroys’ Palace
- Multilingual Citizen's ChartersCitizen’s Charters in French, English, Italian and Portuguese are offered by the ACA from now to its European visitors. The European Heritage is multilingual
- 20th Congress on the History of the Crown of AragonThe Permanent Committee of the CHCA will be holding the 20th edition in Rome and Naples on the 4th to 8th October 2017.
- Documents for the History of EuropeAutograph letter from Ramon Llull to the king James I of Aragon (1297-1316)
- “Reason and Emotion” seriesJune 20th saw the first session of the series of talks organized by the Centro Libre de Arte y Cultura (Free Centre for Art and Culture) at the Archives of the Crown of Aragon.
- Symphonic festivalOn June 11th the Viceroys’ Palace hosts a concert by a youth choir, the Cor Jove Orfeó Atlàntida, as part of the Symphonic festival.
- Corpus 2016Celebration of the Corpus Christi’s feast at the Viceroys’ Palace with the dancing egg. From 26th to 29th May 2016.
- 27th Duoda SeminarThe 27th Duoda Seminar (Women’s Studies Research Centre of the University of Barcelona) will be held at the Viceroys’ Palace on Saturday 7th May: “Performance art, an extension of labour”.
- Commemorative exhibition of Cervantes’s documents and booksTo mark the 400th anniversary of the death of Cervantes, at the ACA from Friday 22nd April at 12 noon.
- “Pharaoh’s Reeds” exhibitionFrom 20th April 2016 at the Viceroys’ Palace.
- Documents for the History of EuropeThe Moorish refugees on the ship "La flor del mar" (1610)
- UNESCO Memory of the World RegisterThe Archives of the Crown of Aragon has had an early 12th century excerpt from the 3rd Book of the Commentary on the Apocalypse by Beatus of Liébana included in the Memory of the World Register.
- Festival LLUMBCN 2016The Archives of the Crown of Aragón takes part in the LLUMBCN Festival on 12, 13 y 14 February
- Documents for the History of EuropeLast Will and Testament of Ferdinand II of Aragon (1516)
- Will and Testament of King Ferdinand the CatholicCommemoration of the 500th anniversary of the death of Ferdinand II of Aragon (died at Madrigalejo, 22nd January 1516).
- Documents for the History of EuropeFirst volume of the ACA’s Collection of Unpublished Documents (CODOIN) (1847)
- Documents for the History of EuropeLlibre del Repartiment de València (Book of Repartition of Valencia) (1237-1252)
- European Heritage LabelNew museum installation at the Viceroys’ Palace.
- Documents for the History of EuropeContract for the building of the ship "La Juliana" (1567)
- Documents for the History of EuropeRamon Muntaner: 750th anniversary of his birth (letter dated 1325)
- European Heritage LabelThe Archives of the Crown of Aragon has been awarded the European Heritage Label. On the 10th of March 2016, the European Commission published the list of heritage sites that have achieved this recognition.
- UNESCO Memory of the World RegisterThe Memory of the World Programme has included the Capitulations of Santa Fe held at the Archives of the Crown of Aragon in its register of documents.
- Discovery of an unknown letter from Jacques de MolayThis letter from Jacques de Molay, the last Grand Master of the Order of the Knights Templar, is addressed to Ramon de Bell-lloc, Commander of the Order, and is dated 21st January 1296.
- New miniatures of the Liber Feudorum Maior foundRecovery of four original folios from the Liber Feudorum in the bound records of the Chancery of the Archives of the Crown of Aragon.
- Portal de Archivos Españoles (PARES)
- Follow us on Twitter
- Census & Directory of Archives
- European Heritage
C/ Comtes, 2 (Palacio de los Virreyes o Palau del Lloctinent)
(34) 93 485 42 85
(34) 93 300 12 52
C/ Almogàvers, 77.
Monday - Friday, 9 a.m. - 14:30 p.m.
C/ Almogàvers, 77 y C/ Comtes, 2. Monday - Friday, 9 a.m. - 14 p.m.
January: 6. April: 14 and 17. May: 1. June: 5. Agost: 15. September: 11 and 25. October: 12. November: 1. December: 6, 8, 25 and 26.
Palau del Lloctinent:
C/ Comtes, 2. Monday - Sunday,10 a.m. - 19 p.m. Closed on December, 25 and January, 1.